Last Updated: 09/09/2022
Collection of Personal Data
Personal Data You Provide Directly to Us
We collect personal data directly from you when you interact with us or use the Site. We may collect personal data in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Create an account with us
- Make a purchase on the Site
- Register for an account on the Site
- Request additional information about our products or services or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters or special deals such as discounts or exclusive offers
- Interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or permitting us to follow your social media profile
- Create a wish list on the Site
- Register for the Affiliate or Influencer Program
- Provide design or product feedback or make other submissions to us or the Site
- Participate in any publicly-accessible blogs, customer reviews, or forums
- Use other features of our websites that may be offered from time to time, which may require information in order to utilize the features
- Sign up for and participate in events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and special programs that we provide.
The types of personal data we collect from you may include: your first and last name, username, password, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, credit card and debit card information, demographic information, personal preferences, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect identifier and other technical information such as your browser information, operating system information, device information, and IP address, as well as the date, time, length of stay and specific pages accessed during your visit to the Site. Information gathered through aggregate tracking information is used to personalize your experience on the Site and the marketing materials you may receive from Boutique Rugs or its partners, as well as to prevent fraud on your account.
Use of Personal Data
Boutique Rugs collects and uses personal data in order to enhance and personalize your shopping experience. Boutique Rugs may use, process, and disclose personal data to:
- Develop, provide, and improve our products, events, and services and to personalize your experience on the Site
- Fulfill orders and process payments
- Create and manage your online accounts and profiles
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service
- Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, and rewards, in accordance with your advertising marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law
- Execute a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion
- Detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Comply with subpoenas, and potential requests of law enforcement or data protection agencies
If you would prefer not to receive notices, special offers, or promotions, simply click the “Unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of each email you receive. Follow the instructions to have your email address removed from the list of customers who receive notices of new functionality, services, special offers, and promotions.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your Internet browser on your computer. Cookies hold information a website may need to personalize your experience and to gather website statistical data, such as which pages are visited, the internet provider’s domain name, the country that our users come from, and the addresses of the sites accessed immediately prior to and immediately after leaving our Site.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please follow your browser’s process for doing so. By deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Site.
Our Security Measures
Boutique Rugs has implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data. We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks with limited personnel access.
When you place an order or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information, including credit card and debit card information, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer technology and is stored in our secure payment gateways: Shopify Payments, Klarna, Amazon Pay and PayPal.
Click here to learn more about our secure payments.
Further, Boutique Rugs provides a “My Account” feature, which allows you to modify and/or remove personal information from the Site. This page can be accessed by clicking the “My Account” link at the top of each page on the Site.
Boutique Rugs does not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Please contact us at the address noted below if you have knowledge of a child under the age of 13 submitting personal data without parental consent.
If you are under 18 years of age and reside in California, you may have the right to request removal of unwanted information you furnished to Boutique Rugs. To request removal of such information, you can contact Boutique Rugs at the address listed below.
Last Updated: 09/09/2022
We have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months from the sources listed below:
(a) Identifiers, such as a real name, physical address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, and third parties such as linked sites.
(b) Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California customer records statute), such as a name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other payment information. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, and other third parties such as our business partners.
(c) Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. This category of information is collected from you, your devices, and other third parties such as our business partners.
(d) Internet or other similar network activity, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. This category of information is collected from you and your devices.
(e) Geolocation data, including physical location. This category of information is collected from you.
(f) Sensory data, including electronic, visual, or similar information. This category of information, such as photos, is collected from you and third parties such as our service providers.
(g) Inferences, such as a profile about a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behavior, drawn from information we collect and insights we receive from third parties such as our marketing and advertising partners and data analytics providers.
If you are a California consumer, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information, including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you:
- the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected;
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with this request, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
- The right to opt-out of the Sale of California Personal Information about you. “Sale” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
You may request to exercise these rights by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-585-4040.
As required under applicable law, please note that we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide your email address to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. You will, therefore, need access to your email account to receive our communications necessary to process your request. Please make sure to check your spam inbox to ensure these important communications are not missed. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. When you submit a request to exercise your rights above, we will use the information you provide to process your request and to maintain a record of your request and our response, as permitted under applicable law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights or any other rights, subject to the rights and the obligations under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts, loyalty programs, or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA privacy rights.
“Do Not Track”
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.