The holiday season is here, and there’s already magic in the air. The smell of fresh pine trees, festive lights, laughter, music, and quirky family gatherings. But, one thing we can’t possibly forget in this season is the Christmas decorations for your home.
Christmas decorations are what bring the spirit of Christmas into your home. The ornaments, centerpieces, lightings, wreaths, and rugs. Rugs are perhaps one of the most underrated pieces of Christmas decor that every home needs.
Not only do they add warmth and comfort to a room, but they’re also a great way to bring together the different elements in a room. There’s only one downside - they’re typically very difficult to clean.
But that’s where washable area rugs come into play. So, sit tight, and find out why you should get a washable area rug this holiday season.
Benefits of Having a Washable Rug
Washable area rugs are perfect for areas of your home that tend to experience a lot of traffic. This includes the dining room, kitchen, and bathroom. These parts of the home are the most likely places where spills can occur.
Nonetheless, with machine washable rugs, you can avoid the stress of struggling to clean up the messes when they occur. All you have to do is throw that rug into the washing machine, and voila, it’s as good as new. No need to go to the dry cleaner’s.
Just in case you’re still not sure whether to get washable area rugs this holiday season or not, here are a few reasons why they’re a must-have.
- They’re kid and pet friendly. It’s nearly impossible to protect rugs from animals or children. You can be sure that accidents are going to occur — many times right in the middle of your beautiful rug. And if the rug isn't washable, you may have to get rid of the rug. So, why not just get washable kids’ room rugs and machine washable rugs for other areas of your home.
- Washable area rugs are ideal for the holidays. Holiday seasons are times for family gatherings, reunions, get together and the likes. So there's bound to be more people than usual coming in and out of your home. And with more people comes more dirt.
- During the holidays, you'll also probably be cooking and eating more often than usual. As such, it'll be difficult to completely prevent spills from happening. Washable area rugs take away the stress of struggling to remove the stains on the rugs when they do occur.
- Finally, as beautiful as it is to have a white Christmas, it also makes bringing more dirt into your home highly likely. So your rugs are bound to accumulate more dirt during the winter than some other seasons of the year. With washable area rugs, this wouldn't be too much of a concern.
Seeing the various benefits that come with having machine washable rugs, it only makes sense to wonder how you can identify them.
What Makes a Rug Washable?
The ultimate determinant of whether a rug is laundry-safe and washable or not is the material. If the materials used to make the rug are all washable, then the entire rug would be washable. Nonetheless, you should always check the label for the manufacturer’s guide on whether the rug you purchased is washable or not.
Still, what materials make rugs washable?
- Cotton: A natural rug fiber, cotton is typically a popular choice for machine washable rugs.
- Polyester: Not only are polyester rugs budget-friendly and soft to touch, but they’re also machine washable. No surprise there since it’s a synthetic rug fiber.
- Olefin: Another synthetic rug fiber, olefin is great for making indoor and outdoor washable area rugs. They’re mildew-resistant, moisture-resistant, and most importantly, stain-resistant. They also come in various colors and styles.
- Polypropylene: Rugs made from this synthetic fiber are like olefin rugs, perfect for high-traffic areas. They’re durable and can be machine-washed or hand-washed with water and a mild dish detergent.
- Nylon: Like most synthetic rugs, nylon rugs are machine-washable. However, they’re not as durable as fibers like olefin and polypropylene. As such, they’re typically only ideal for low-traffic areas of your home.
Viscose: Containing mostly wood pulp, this material is semi-synthetic, semi-natural. And although it can be washed in a machine, it’s usually better to hand wash viscose rugs since they can be quite sensitive.
Washable area rugs are exactly what you need during the festive season. They’re not only functional, but they also add beauty and warmth to your house, making it more homey.
However, you need the right washable rugs. Washable rugs that are made from quality materials. Rugs that are durable and functional, yet trendy. At Boutique rugs, we provide only the best washable area rugs. Our rugs are one-piece construction, making putting back down a breeze as compared to two-piece washable rugs, which have to be fitted onto the pad.
You’ll also find other various types of rugs and decor items that can help bring your home to life. There are beddings, furniture, mirrors, poufs, wall hangings, rug pads, and throws available here at Boutique Rugs. We also have several kinds of lighting, including ceiling lighting, floor lamps, table lamps, and wall sconces.
Shop with us now.